POSTING DATE: November 10, 2021
December 9, 2021 – Q&A Document has been posted
Proposers must meet the following minimum requirement(s):
- Must have a minimum of 5 years of operation as a legal entity.
- Must have the capacity to work throughout Los Angeles County and statewide, as needed.
- Must have 5 years’ experience in grant administration (e.g. developing and managing fund guidelines, solicitations, grant processes, awarding and distributing grants).
- At a minimum, Proposers must be able to provide the following financial documents as part of their proposal:
i. For Non-Profit Organizations
- One (1) Financial Audit Report completed by an independent firm of certified public accountants OR two (2) consecutive years of Form 990. Audit and Form 990s should be no older than 2019.
- A current organization-wide Annual Operating Budget that covers the proposer’s current operating year (e.g., January 1-December 31, July 1-June 30, etc.).
ii. For Profit Organizations
- One (1) Financial Audit Report completed by an independent firm or certified public accountants OR most recently completed tax return. Audit and tax return should be no older than 2019.
- Three (3) months of financial statements
Proposers that do not meet the minimum requirement(s) above will not pass the first level of review (see Section VIII. Selection Process and Review Criteria).
First 5 LA is seeking proposals from qualified organizations to serve as the Intermediary for First 5 LA’s Early Childhood Policy and Advocacy Fund (ECPAF).
For Information Purposes
- Appendix A: First 5 LA PAF Background – PDF
- Appendix B: First 5 LA ECE PAF Year 1 Evaluation Report 2017-2018 – PDF
- Appendix C: First 5 LA ECE PAF Years 2 and 3 Engagement & Expansion Report 2018-2020 – PDF
- Appendix D: First 5 LA BEPAF Progress Report May-Sept 2020 – PDF
- Appendix E: First 5 LA ECPAF Review Tool – PDF
- Appendix F: Proposal Checklist – PDF
- Appendix G: Sample Intermediary Contract – PDF
- Appendix H: Budget and Narrative Instructions (Cost Reimbursement Budget) – PDF
Please check the Funding Center webpage regularly for updates and addenda. First 5 LA has the right to amend this solicitation by written addendum. First 5 LA is responsible only for that which is expressly stated in the solicitation document and any authorized written addenda thereto. Such addenda shall be made available via the online funding center. Failure to address the requirements of such addendum may result in the proposal not being considered, at the sole discretion of First 5 LA. Addenda to this solicitation, if any, will be posted on this webpage. It is the responsibility of proposers to ensure, prior to submission, that their proposal reflects the most recent information and RFP requirements.
Potential proposers are highly encouraged to participate in the Informational webinar at 4 p.m. PT on November 18, 2021 to learn more about the RFP requirements. Please register for the webinar at: https://first5la.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJIkdeGqqzMjHdH0bmsg9899gCdM7L-szBK9. After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.
QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
To ensure that all potential proposers receive the same information, questions and answers will be compiled and posted on this webpage. All questions and requests for additional information regarding this RFP were submitted before 5 p.m. PT on December 6, 2021. First 5 LA’s responses to proposer questions are posted below.
ECPAF Q&A – PDF
First 5 LA reserves the sole right to determine the timing and content of the responses to all questions and requests for additional information. First 5 LA may respond to individual inquires and then post replies to all questions by the posting date.
DEADLINE TO APPLY
An online application packet complete with required documents must be received by First 5 LA no later than 5:00 p.m. PT on December 14, 2021. Please review the RFP’s Timeline for Selection Process to ensure availability during the proposal review activities.
HOW TO APPLY
To respond to this RFP, please submit your proposal and all required documents through the online application system designated by First 5 LA by no later than 5:00 p.m. PT on December 14, 2021, by taking the following steps:
Step 1: Create a user account by clicking here.
Step 2: Once a user account has been created, click here to access the application.
Step 3: Once an application has been started, click here to modify and/or submit your application. Please do not create a new application once you have started your application.
For help with the online application click here.
Proposers must submit all required documents specified in the RFP through this online form. It is highly recommended that you print a copy of your application for your records prior to clicking “Submit.” To do this, click “Printer-Friendly Version.” You should review the printed copy prior to submitting the application electronically. In addition, you should ensure that the attachments were successfully uploaded by reviewing the list of attachments included.
NOTE: Once the online application had been submitted proposers cannot make edits.
All questions and requests for additional information regarding this RFP must be submitted via email to Christopher Stephens, Contract Compliance Officer, at [email protected].