POSTING DATE: AUGUST 18, 2022
DUE DATE: SEPTEMBER 12, 2022, at 5:00 PM PACIFIC TIME (PT)
September 1, 2022 – The following were posted:
- Informational webinar slides
- Webinar Recording
- RFQ Addendum No. 1 and revised Appendix B: Proposal Checklist
September 8, 2022-
The section QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS was updated to reflect that no questions were received, accordingly, no Questions and Answers document will be posted.
Proposers must meet the following minimum requirements:
- The proposer must have an office in Sacramento, CA.
- The proposer must be available to regularly attend meetings in Sacramento, CA and on limited occasions, travel to Los Angeles and the Bay Area.
- Registered Lobbyist or Lobbying Firm
- The proposer shall be a registered lobbyist or a registered lobbying firm.
- Neither the proposer nor the lobbyists on staff shall currently have, nor will they have, any conflict of interest with First 5 LA. The proposer shall be able to represent First 5 LA independently and free from competing obligations or alliances/affiliations with other agencies or firms.
Eligibility requirements are the minimum requirements to apply. If your entity is required to register with the California Secretary of State’s website, First 5 LA will verify an “active” status via California Secretary of State’s website: https://bizfileonline.sos.ca.gov/.
Proposers that do not meet the requirements above or do not have an “active” status via California Secretary of State’s website (if applicable) will not pass the first level of review (see Section IX. Selection Process).
The selected contractor will support First 5 LA’s early childhood policy and advocacy strategies in the state policy arena.
State Policy and Advocacy Consultant RFQ Cover Letter – PDF
State Policy and Advocacy Consultant RFQ– PDF
RFQ Addendum No. 1– PDF – Appendix B has been updated.
For Information Purposes
- Appendix A – Sample Contract– PDF
- Appendix B – Proposal Checklist– PDF – UPDATED on September 1, 2022 per Addendum No. 1
- Appendix C– Litigation and Contract Compliance Form– PDF
- Appendix D– Organizational Conflict of Interest Form– PDF
- Appendix E – Scope of Work Template –Word
- Appendix F – Budget Narrative Template –Word
- Appendix G- Work Sample Cover Page –Word
- Appendix H- Reference Form–Word
Please check the Funding Center webpage regularly for updates and addenda. First 5 LA has the right to amend this solicitation by written addendum. First 5 LA is responsible only for that which is expressly stated in the solicitation document and any authorized written addenda thereto. Such addenda shall be made available via the online funding center. Failure to address the requirements of such addendum may result in the proposal not being considered, at the sole discretion of First 5 LA. Addenda to this solicitation, if any, will be posted on this webpage. It is the responsibility of proposers to ensure, prior to submission, that their proposal reflects the most recent information and RFQ requirements.
Potential proposers were highly encouraged to participate in an informational webinar on August 31, 2022, at 2:00 PM to learn more about the RFQ requirements.
QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
To ensure that all potential proposers receive the same information, all questions and answers received are compiled and posted on this webpage. All questions and requests for additional information regarding this RFQ must be submitted to Daisy Ortiz at [email protected] before 5:00 PM on September 6, 2022.
First 5 LA reserves the sole right to determine the timing and content of the responses to all questions and requests for additional information. First 5 LA may respond to individual inquiries and then post replies to all questions by the posting date.
No questions were received, accordingly, no Questions and Answers document will be posted.
DEADLINE TO APPLY
An online application packet complete with required documents must be received by First 5 LA no later than 5:00 PM on September 12, 2022. Please review the RFQ’s Timeline for Selection Process to ensure availability during the proposal review activities.
HOW TO APPLY
To respond to this RFQ, please submit your proposal and all required documents through the online application system designated by First 5 LA by no later than 5:00 PM on September 12, 2022:
Step 1: Create a user account by clicking here.
Step 2: Once a user account has been created, click here to access the application.
Step 3: Once an application has been started, click here to modify and/or submit your application. Please do not create a new application once you have started your application.
For help with the online application click here.
Proposers must submit all required documents specified in the RFQ through this online form. It is highly recommended that you print a copy of your application for your records prior to clicking “Submit.” To do this, click “Printer-Friendly Version.” You should review the printed copy prior to submitting the application electronically. In addition, you should ensure that the attachments were successfully uploaded by reviewing the list of attachments included.
NOTE: Once the online application had been submitted proposers cannot make edits.
All questions and requests for additional information regarding this RFQ must be submitted via email to Daisy Ortiz, at [email protected].