MULTIMEDIA CREATIVE SERVICES REQUEST FOR QUALIFICATIONS (RFQ)
POSTING DATE: July 2, 2020
CLOSING DATE: 5:00 PM PT on August 6, 2020
- July 9, 2020: Informational Webinar Presentation Deck posted in Informational Webinar section.
- July 30, 2020: Questions & Answers posted in Questions and Answers section.
Proposers must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Must have a minimum of five (5) years of operation as a legal entity
- Must have a minimum of five (5) years of experience producing multimedia content, such as print, digital, social media and presentations, photography, videography, film editing, and related services
- Must have the ability to be on-site for location filming and photography and to attend meetings at First 5 LA’s office, as needed, when requested by First 5 LA.
Proposers that do not meet the requirements above will not pass the first level of review (see Section VIII. Selection Process and Review Criteria).
First 5 LA is seeking one qualified agency to provide a full range of multimedia creative services, including but not limited to graphic design for print, digital, social media and presentations, photography, photo cataloging and organization, videography, film editing, audio production and post-production and related services. The goal is to complement existing integrated communications campaigns and initiatives, and develop new campaigns and initiatives that inform, educate and encourage target audiences to take action and influence changes in behavior and beliefs.
Projects will be related to early childhood development issues, specifically:
- Early Childhood Education (ECE) issues
- Health care systems, particularly how these systems affect young children
- Family supports for families with young children
- Current events that affect young children such as, but not limited to, public health prenatal care, nutrition, wellness, physical activity, child development, parent resiliency, family strengthening (protective factors) and general parenting advice
This RFQ reflects the importance First 5 LA places on multimedia creative services as part of its communications strategies to advance the goals and results areas of the 2020-28 Strategic Plan (See Appendix A). First 5 LA will use the multimedia creative services outlined in this RFQ as a vehicle to reach, educate, engage and influence target stakeholder audiences, which are currently identified as policy and decision-makers, parents, the general public, community members, partners and internal staff, consistent with the organization’s mission, vision and values.
Cover Letter – PDF
For Informative Purposes
- Appendix A- First 5 LA’s 2020-28 Strategic Plan– PDF
- Appendix B – Level 2 Review: Review Tool – PDF
- Appendix C – Application Checklist – PDF
- Appendix D – Sample Contract – PDF
- Appendix E– Samples Submission– Word
- Appendix F – Proposed Rates – Excel
- Appendix G – Litigation and Contract ComplianceForm –
Please find the recording of the Multimedia Creative Services RFQ Information Session webinar that occured on July 9, 2020:
Please find the Presentation Deck for the July 9th Information Webinar.
QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
To ensure that all potential applicants receive the same information, questions and answers will be compiled and posted on this webpage. All questions and requests for additional information regarding this RFQ must be received before 5:00 p.m. PT on July 24, 2020 and answers will be posted on the website on July 30, 2020.
First 5 LA reserves the sole right to determine the timing and content of the responses to all questions and requests for additional information. First 5 LA may respond to individual inquires and then post replies to all questions by the posting date.
Please find the Questions & Answers.
DEADLINE TO APPLY
An application packet complete with required documents must be received by First 5 LA no later than 5:00 p.m. PT on August 6, 2020. Please review the RFQ’s Timeline for Selection Process to ensure availability during the proposal review activities.
HOW TO APPLY
In order to respond to this RFQ, an application packet complete with required documents must be received through the online application system by First 5 LA no later than 5:00 pm PT on August 6, 2020. Please review the RFQ’s Timeline for Selection Process to ensure availability during the review activities.
Step 1: Create a user account by clicking here.
Step 2: Once a user account has been created, click here to access the application.
Step 3: Once an application has been started, click here to modify and/or submit your application. Please do not create a new application once you have started your application.
For help with the online application click here.
Applicants must submit all required documents specified in the RFQ through this online form. It is highly recommended that you print a copy of your application for your records prior to clicking “Submit.” To do this, click “Printer-Friendly Version.” You should review the printed copy prior to submitting the application electronically. In addition, you should ensure that the attachments were successfully uploaded by reviewing the list of attachments included.
NOTE: Once the online application is submitted, proposers cannot make edits.
All questions and requests for additional information regarding this RFQ must be submitted via email to Daisy Ortiz, Contract Compliance Officer, at [email protected].
FIRST 5 LA’S VALUES AND INVESTMENT GUIDELINES
- First 5 LA’s Values
First 5 LA grounds its work in its values, that act as guiding principles for how it does its work, the culture it aims to promote, and as a benchmark to measure behaviors and performance:
Collaboration: We promote a collaborative culture and strategies in all that we do.
Integrity: We act in ways that reflect our Values and hold ourselves accountable for our behaviors and the outcomes of our work.
Learning: We integrate learning into all aspects of our decision-making, commit to continuous improvement and share what we have learned.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion: We embrace the diversity of L.A County, advocate for fairness and promote systems that advance the full participation of young children and their families.
- First 5 LA’s Investment Guidelines
First 5 LA’s Investment Guidelines serve as criteria for decision-making for all major components of the strategic planning process and as ongoing policy guidance for Board and staff during implementation. Together, the Investment Guidelines represent a “six-part identity statement for First 5 LA that explicitly prioritizes adopting an equity lens through our work and addressing the critical challenge of declining First 5 revenue:
Equity: Prioritize children, families and communities in our target population that our work has the greatest potential to impact and advance our North Star.
- Use data to elevate disparities and achieve equitable outcomes
- Strengthen exiting public systems to be child and family-centered
- Incorporate the voice of families and communities in systems change
Sustainability: Embed sustainability strategies within all of our work
- Plan and operate within our fiscal reality
- Create new revenue and fund leveraging strategies
- Co-invest with partners
Partnership: Engage partners throughout planning, development, and execution of our work
- Demonstrate how committed partnerships are engaged and fundamental to our work
Prevention: Focus on early intervention and prevention
- Invest in early intervention and prevention as the primary focus of our work
- Link downstream investments to prevention
System Change: Focus on systems change and implementation to impact the most children and families.
- Focus on strengthening exiting systems; rather than creating new systems
- Consider direct services only when there is significant protentional to demonstrate models for scalability and sustainability
Evidence and Innovation: Prioritize scaling up evidence-based practices, balanced with investments in innovative and promising approaches to address community needs
- Pursue and test innovative and promising approaches, as necessary, to respond to community needs and achieve scale.