Posting Date: July 16, 2019
Closing Date for Applications: August 5, 2019
Proposers must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Location: The proposer shall have and maintain a permanent physical location within a 70 miles radius of First 5 LA’s office for the duration of the project.
- Conflict of Interest: Neither the proposer nor the staff shall currently have, nor will they have, any conflict of interest, as defined by Cal. Rules of Professional Conduct, rules 1.7, 1.8.1, 1.8.3, 1.8.6, 1.9, 1.10, and 1.11 with First 5 LA. The proposer shall be able to represent First LA independently and free from competing obligations or alliances/affiliations with other agencies or firms.
- Standing with California State Bar: The proposer, proposed team, and any proposed subcontractor must be licensed to practice law in California and must be active.
The selected contractor will serve as First 5 LA’s legal counsel specifically for lobbying compliance with the capacity to support activities related to local (city, county, or school district), state, and federal advocacy efforts. The selected contractor will have experience supporting public agency compliance and reporting with lobbying rules and regulations, including the California Fair Political Practices Commission (FPPC) and Los Angeles City Ethics Commission among other local, state, and federal agencies. The selected contractor will also have experience supporting the development of advocacy guidelines, monitoring and reporting tools, and other organization policies and procedures related to lobbying.
- Cover Letter PDF
- Lobbying Compliance and Advocacy Guidance Consultant RFQ PDF
For Informative Purposes
- Appendix A – Policy Agenda- PDF
- Appendix B – Level 2 Review: Proposal Scoring Criteria- PDF
- Appendix C – Sample Contract – PDF
- Appendix D – Application Checklist – PDF
For Submission with Application
- Appendix E – Scope of Work Template – Word
- Appendix F – Budget Narrative Template –Excel
- Appendix G – Litigation and Contract Compliance Form – PDF
HOW TO APPLY:
An application packet complete with required documents must be received by First 5 LA no later than 5:00 p.m. PT on August 5, 2019. Please review the RFQ’s Timeline for Selection Process to ensure availability during the review activities.
To ensure that all potential applicants receive the same information, questions and answers will be compiled and posted on this webpage. All questions and requests for additional information regarding this RFQ must be received before 5 p.m. PT on July 29, 2019 and answers will be posted on the website on July 31, 2019. First 5 LA reserves the sole right to determine the timing and content of the responses to all questions and requests for additional information. First 5 LA may respond to individual inquires and them post replies to all questions by the posting date.
To respond to this RFQ, please submit your proposal and all required documents through the online application system designated by First 5 LA by no later than 5:00 p.m. PT on August 5, 2019.
Step 1: Create a user account by clicking here.
Step 2: Once a user account has been created, click https://www.grantrequest.com/FormQuiz.aspx?sid=725… to access the application.
Step 3: Once an application has been started, click here to modify and/or submit your application. Please do not create a new application once you have started your application.
For help with the online application click here.
Applicants must submit all required documents specified in the RFQ through this online form. It is highly recommended that you print a copy of your application for your records prior to clicking “Submit.” To do this, click “Printer-Friendly Version.” You should review the printed copy prior to submitting the application electronically. In addition, you should ensure that the attachments were successfully uploaded by reviewing the list of attachments included.
All questions and requests for additional information regarding this RFQ must be submitted via email before 5:00 p.m. PT on July 29, 2019 to Daisy Ortiz, Contract Compliance Officer, [email protected]