POSTING DATE: November 14, 2019
December 19 , 2019 January 17, 2020
- 12/4/2019- Documents translated in Spanish added.
- 12/19/2019- Deadline for application has been extended to January 17, 2020
- 1/6/2020- Spanish Translation of Help Me Grow- Los Angeles Pathways Request for Proposals (RFP)- Call for Interviewers Posted.
Please contact Daisy Ortiz ([email protected]) to request an application in another language by December 2, 2019.
Para ver la informacion de esta pagina en español, por favor haga clic aqui.
La fecha de recibir las solicitudes se a extendido a 17 de enero 2020:
- VOLANTE (nueva fecha)
- Anexo A
- NORMAS PARA CONVOCATORIA AENTREVISTADORES (nueva fecha)
- FORMULARIO DE SOLICITUD PARA SER ENTREVISTADOR DE PROPUESTA (nueva fecha)
First 5 LA is looking for individuals to interview applicants from agencies seeking funding from First 5 LA for Help Me Grow - Los Angeles Pathways (HMG-LA Pathways): Together Strengthening Connections for Kids and Families project. We have a critical window of time to prepare every child for success in school and life. Thus, it is vital to make sure a young child’s development is on track and to address any concerns as soon as possible to make the biggest difference. HMG-LA Pathways is a project that will improve connections to developmental services and supports.
As an interviewer, you will help First 5 LA select grantee(s) that will work with other agencies and people to test ways to better connect children to resources they need for a developmental concern. This work supports First 5 LA’s vision of a future where all young children in Los Angeles County enter kindergarten ready to succeed in school and life.
For additional information, please review the:
Interviewers must be community members who have personal experience trying to get services or supports for developmental concern(s) for a child, see the Qualifications below:
- Lives in one of the Community Regions (see Appendix A):
- Parent, guardian or caregiver of a child
- Current or former experience trying to get developmental resources for a child such as:
- Socio-emotional- playing, feeling safe and happy
- Physical- fine and gross motor, vision and hearing (e.g., reaching, rolling crawling, walking)
- Communication- talking, listening and understanding
- Cognitive- thinking, learning and problem solving
- Adaptive– independently eating, dressing and toileting
If selected as an interviewer, the interviewer will be required to:
- Discuss bias and conflict of interest and sign a Conflict of Interest and Confidentiality Statement.
- Attend a half-day training to learn about First 5 LA, the HMG-LA Pathways Request for Proposals, agency applicants, selection process and interview tools to be used in scoring applicants.
- Review 3-page summaries of each applicant’s proposal.
- Participate in applicant interviews by asking standard question(s) and scoring each applicant on their interview performance using the provided tool.
- Share scores and make recommendations with the other interviewers after each applicant interview.
- You may need to submit a W-9 if doing other paid work for First 5 LA in 2020.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested community members should fill out the following:
Interested community members should submit their completed application forms to Daisy Ortiz via email at [email protected]. Application must be received no later than
DECEMBER 19, 2019January 17, 2020 at 5:00 p.m. PT via e-mail. First 5 LA will review the applications to be an interviewer and notify everyone who applied by February 14, 2020.
For more information, see the HMG-LA Pathways Call for Interviewers Guidelines and/or email Daisy Ortiz at [email protected].