POSTING DATE: November 14, 2019
CLOSING DATE: December 19, 2019
Please contact Daisy Ortiz ([email protected]) to request an application in another language by December 2, 2019.
First 5 LA is looking for individuals to interview applicants from agencies seeking funding from First 5 LA for Help Me Grow - Los Angeles Pathways (HMG-LA Pathways): Together Strengthening Connections for Kids and Families project. We have a critical window of time to prepare every child for success in school and life. Thus, it is vital to make sure a young child’s development is on track and to address any concerns as soon as possible to make the biggest difference. HMG-LA Pathways is a project that will improve connections to developmental services and supports.
As an interviewer, you will help First 5 LA select grantee(s) that will work with other agencies and people to test ways to better connect children to resources they need for a developmental concern. This work supports First 5 LA’s vision of a future where all young children in Los Angeles County enter kindergarten ready to succeed in school and life.
For additional information, please review the:
Interviewers must be community members who have personal experience trying to get services or supports for developmental concern(s) for a child, see the Qualifications below:
- Lives in one of the Community Regions (see Appendix A):
- Parent, guardian or caregiver of a child
- Current or former experience trying to get developmental resources for a child such as:
- Socio-emotional- playing, feeling safe and happy
- Physical- fine and gross motor, vision and hearing (e.g., reaching, rolling crawling, walking)
- Communication- talking, listening and understanding
- Cognitive- thinking, learning and problem solving
- Adaptive– independently eating, dressing and toileting
If selected as an interviewer, the interviewer will be required to:
- Discuss bias and conflict of interest and sign a Conflict of Interest and Confidentiality Statement.
- Attend a half-day training to learn about First 5 LA, the HMG-LA Pathways Request for Proposals, agency applicants, selection process and interview tools to be used in scoring applicants.
- Review 3-page summaries of each applicant’s proposal.
- Participate in applicant interviews by asking standard question(s) and scoring each applicant on their interview performance using the provided tool.
- Share scores and make recommendations with the other interviewers after each applicant interview.
- You may need to submit a W-9 if doing other paid work for First 5 LA in 2020.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested community members should fill out the following:
Interested community members should submit their completed application forms to Daisy Ortiz via email at [email protected]. Application must be received no later than DECEMBER 19, 2019 at 5:00 p.m. PT via e-mail. First 5 LA will review the applications to be an interviewer and notify everyone who applied by February 14, 2020.
For more information, see the HMG-LA Pathways Call for Interviewers Guidelines and/or email Daisy Ortiz at [email protected].