At First 5 LA, we develop relationships with a diverse array of partners for a single purpose to ensure that all children in Los Angeles County enter kindergarten ready to succeed in school and life. Our partnerships cross all sectors, including education, health, government, philanthropy and business to improve services for young children and their families. Central to our mission are our collaborations with community members including but not limited to communities from Best Start Networks to support their meaningful participation in local, regional, and countywide policy and systems change. We partner to:
- Catalyze sustainable systems change to improve health and early care and education services for young children
- Influence local and statewide policy that leads to better outcomes for young children
- Strengthen and support existing programs in L.A. County (e.g., home visiting)
- Build coalitions with parents, practitioners, funders, and other stakeholders to coordinate efforts and collectively make decisions on investments and policies
- Learn together through the collection of data and implementation of research
- Increase awareness of issues impacting young children and their families and provide helpful information and resources to parents and caregivers
We seek opportunities to engage unconventional partners at the earliest possible stage of activity or investment. Below are some of the partners we’re working with to improve outcomes for young children.