“Walk your Pet Month" Game
Is one of your family’s New Year’s resolutions to be more active? If you have a furry friend, we have a way to make reaching your fitness goals fun! Create this “Walk Your Pet Month” craft with your kids and make your daily dog-walking duties into a game. It’s easy!
- Crayons and/or markers
- (2) Paper plates
- (1) Pair of child-safe scissors
- (1) Thumbtack*
- (1) Pencil with eraser top
*It is recommended that only adults handle the thumbtack. Note: You may also use a brad (available in craft stores) instead of a thumbtack and eraser to attach the arrow.
- Step 1: Draw two lines on one paper plate, dividing it into four sections
- Step 2: Write a number in each section: 2, 3, 4, and 5
- Step 3: Draw a picture representing a challenge in each section
- Step 4: Draw an arrow on the second paper plate
- Step 5: Cut out the arrow
- Step 6: Remove the eraser top from the pencil
- Step 7: Attach arrow to paper plate with thumbtack
- Step 8: Attach eraser to thumbtack
- You’re ready to play!
How to play…
Spin the arrow once to see how many street blocks you get to walk your pet. Spin the arrow a second time to see which challenge you should do along the way. Here are some fun challenge suggestions you can try with kids, or feel free to think of and draw your own!
- Talk to a neighbor
- Count other dogs along the way
- How many (pick a color) cars can you spot?
- Identify sounds and replicate them
While the Mayor's Census Story Time Events may be postponed due to the COVID-19...Read More
By now, most of us have heard the references to "tiger mom" and "helicopter parents"...Read More
Build a strong and positive relationship from the start by offering loving guidance...Read More
Even as experts predict the worst of the flu epidemic could come this month, Dorothy...Read More
Research shows that being in green spaces enables children to thrive physically...Read More