“Walk your Pet Month" Game
Is one of your family’s New Year’s resolutions to be more active? If you have a furry friend, we have a way to make reaching your fitness goals fun! Create this “Walk Your Pet Month” craft with your kids and make your daily dog-walking duties into a game. It’s easy!
- Crayons and/or markers
- (2) Paper plates
- (1) Pair of child-safe scissors
- (1) Thumbtack*
- (1) Pencil with eraser top
*It is recommended that only adults handle the thumbtack. Note: You may also use a brad (available in craft stores) instead of a thumbtack and eraser to attach the arrow.
- Step 1: Draw two lines on one paper plate, dividing it into four sections
- Step 2: Write a number in each section: 2, 3, 4, and 5
- Step 3: Draw a picture representing a challenge in each section
- Step 4: Draw an arrow on the second paper plate
- Step 5: Cut out the arrow
- Step 6: Remove the eraser top from the pencil
- Step 7: Attach arrow to paper plate with thumbtack
- Step 8: Attach eraser to thumbtack
- You’re ready to play!
How to play…
Spin the arrow once to see how many street blocks you get to walk your pet. Spin the arrow a second time to see which challenge you should do along the way. Here are some fun challenge suggestions you can try with kids, or feel free to think of and draw your own!
- Talk to a neighbor
- Count other dogs along the way
- How many (pick a color) cars can you spot?
- Identify sounds and replicate them
Pediatricians have long used height and weight charts to monitor patients' development,...Read More
Build a strong and positive relationship from the start by offering loving guidance...Read More
Have five minutes? Help your child learn and grow in just five minutes or less,...Read More
Enjoy a free download of Ready for Kinder, a workbook brought to you by Best Start...Read More