Recipes for Picky Eaters — and Everyone in the Family
If your child is a picky eater, it can be difficult to know whether he or she is getting the proper nutrients. On top of that, having a child who is a picky eater can make it hard to find recipes that the whole family will enjoy. Here are two recipes that can help your family eat right and enjoy mealtime:
If your child avoids vegetables, try…
Giant Green Dinosaur Chips (Kale Chips)
A big bunch of dinosaur kale (or any type of kale)
Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Wash and strip kale from hard stems, maintaining large leaf size. Dry the kale with a paper towel or lint-free kitchen towel.
- Place kale on a baking sheet and drizzle with oil. Rub oil into both sides of kale, then sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake for about 10 minutes, watching carefully as kale can burn easily (chips should be crisp and dark green, but not brown). Allow to cool before serving.
If your child avoids eating protein, try…
Black Bean Brownies *Gluten Free*
1 can (15 oz.) black beans (drained and rinsed)
3 tablespoons of cooking oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract (or imitation vanilla)
¼ cup cocoa powder
⅔ cup sugar
½ teaspoon baking powder
Pinch of salt (¼ teaspoon)
½ cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9" x9" pan.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mash black beans into a paste.
- Add eggs, vanilla and oil, then mix well.
- In a large bowl, mix the dry ingredients (cocoa, sugar, baking powder and salt). Once combined, add wet ingredients to dry mixture. Stir until a thick and gooey brownie batter forms.
- Once your batter is well mixed, add the chocolate chips. Pour into greased pan.
- Bake for 30 to 45 minutes, or until the sides and top of the brownies have crisped up a bit and a toothpick comes out almost clean. Since this batter is not made with flour, the toothpick test is a little different than normal.
- Let brownies cool for at least 30 minutes before cutting.
Research shows that when people immigrate to the United States, their diet changes...Read More
Blend chickpeas (garbanzos), steamed carrots and butternut squash blend until...Read More