Make Your Own Valentine’s Day Suncatcher
This lovely decoration makes a great teacher gift or special Valentine.
You will need:
- Construction paper (red, pink or white are nice for hearts!)
- Clear contact paper
- Tissue paper
- Optional: decorations like glitter, sequins, etc.
1. Fold a piece of construction paper in half. Outline a half heart at the fold. Outline a second heart at the fold about an inch inside the first. Cut the outside heart, and then cut along the line inside it to make a heart-shaped window. Unfold.
2. Cut a large square of contact paper, and place it non-sticky side down on the table. Stick the heart outline to the contact paper. The “window” inside the heart will be sticky contact paper.
3. Decorate your stained glass heart. Stick tissue paper squares all over the inside of the heart. Add some glitter and apply some sequins.
4. Lay another piece of contact paper over your heart, so that none of the decorations fall off of it. Trim the excess contact paper.
5. Place in a bright window. The light will shine through the colorful tissue paper and look like stained glass!
Related Topics: Games and Activities
While the Mayor's Census Story Time Events may be postponed due to the COVID-19...Read More
Research shows that being in green spaces enables children to thrive physically...Read More