Make Your Own Giant Growth Chart “Ruler”
Reduce, reuse and recycle — and work on important counting skills — by making this giant growth chart with children!
You will need:
- • Four large, brown paper bags (the kind you get at the grocery store that measure 12” x 17” or larger)
- • Scissors • A ruler, yardstick or measuring tape
- • Pencil or ballpoint pen
- • A black marker
- • Tape (any type)
- 1. Remove handles from paper bags (if they have them.)
- 2. Cut bottom off paper bags and cut along bag seam. Open and flatten each bag.
- 3. Using pencil or pen and ruler, draw two 9” x 14” rectangles on each bag. You will have eight in all.
- 4. Cut out rectangles, and tape them together (short sides end to end) to form a long “ruler.”
- 5. On the side that does not have the tape, carefully measure feet and inch lengths and mark off a “ruler” with pencil or ballpoint pen. You will have six feet or more!
- 6. Go over your markings with a marker.
- 7. Hang or tape on the wall and use to record your children’s heights!