Light It Up! Holiday Luminarias to Make With Kids
Light up the short, dark days of winter with some beautiful homemade luminarias! With some inexpensive flameless candles and objects that you already have in your house, you and your children can shed some lovely light this holiday season.
- Pull off a piece of foil large enough to wrap around jar.
- Fold the foil in half the long way.
- Draw shapes or letters on the foil. These will become the holes that will let out light for your luminaria, so leave space between the designs or letters. OR simply poke holes — in patterns or not — in the foil with the pen (or you can use a fork).
- If you have drawn something, using the tip of the pen or scissors carefully cut out the design.
- Wrap foil around the jar and tape in place.
- Place the flameless candle in the jar and light up your night!
Tip: Try drawing stars, words, or the initials of your family members to create a lighted display for a window.
Related Topics: Games and Activities
Enjoy a free download of Ready for Kinder, a workbook brought to you by Best Start...Read More