Junk Food Reboot!
Chicken fingers and fries and chocolate fudge — made healthy? It’s true! Try these easy, updated recipes for classic “junk food” favorites that are actually low in fat, sugar free and delicious.
Oven-Fried Chicken Fingers
- A pound (about 2 large) skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into strips and patted dry
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup breadcrumbs, panko or a combination of the two
- 2 TB grated parmesan cheese
- Cooking spray
1.Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a baking sheet generously with cooking spray.
2.Mix breadcrumbs and/or panko with parmesan in a shallow bowl.
3.Spray chicken with cooking spray and season with salt and pepper.
4.Put a few chicken strips into the breadcrumb mixture to coat, then place on baking sheet.
- Lightly spray the top of the chicken strips with cooking spray and bake 8–10 minutes. Flip and cook another 4–5 minutes or until cooked through.
- 3–4 baking or red potatoes, cut into thin sticks
- Cooking spray
1.Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2.Spray a baking sheet and potatoes with cooking spray.
3.Spread the potatoes in a single layer and sprinkle with salt.
- Bake until golden and crisp, about 30 minutes.
Healthy Raw Chocolate Fudge
- 4 medium very ripe bananas (brown is good!)
- 2/3 cup melted coconut oil
- ½ cup cocoa powder
1.Line an 8”x 8” square pan with parchment paper or foil.
2.Place the bananas, coconut oil and cocoa powder in a blender or food processor and blend until very smooth.
- Pour fudge mixture into pan and freeze until firm.
Click here for more healthy recipes, information on nutrition, and fun videos about cooking with kids.
Blend chickpeas (garbanzos), steamed carrots and butternut squash blend until...Read More