Help Me Grow
Help Me Grow LA Releases “Promoting Children’s Optimal Development” Report: The early design and planning phase for Help Me Grow LA just took a major first step toward building, in partnership, a comprehensive and coordinated system to support promoting young children’s optimal development and well-being. Learn More »
Help Me Grow-LA WEBINAR!
If you missed the May 20th launch and are interested in learning more about Help Me Grow-LA, we invite you to view our informational Webinar and presentation below.
Do you have ideas about how to improve access and care coordination for developmental services in L.A. County? We welcome you to submit an interest form and partner with us.
First 5 LA focuses on strengthening how health-related systems connect, coordinate and assist families receiving early intervention services needed for their child’s healthy development. Specifically, First 5 LA works to improve how systems work together to provide timely screenings, effective care coordination and appropriate referrals so that more young children at risk of developmental delays have access to the care they need to thrive.
Experts agree that early detection and connection to appropriate services lead to the best outcomes for children with developmental or behavioral concerns. However, families, child health care, early care and education, and human service providers often have difficulty recognizing early signs of developmental or behavioral concerns. Even when needs are identified, finding programs designed to address those needs can be confusing and time-consuming.
First 5 LA and L.A. Care Health Plan are working with key partners organizations to develop the foundations of Help Me Grow-LA. It is a system that connects families and children at risk for developmental or behavioral challenges with the services they need through comprehensive physician and community outreach as well as centralized information and referrals.
Help Me Grow builds on existing services to create a system that improves access to local resources and services for children and their families Help Me Grow helps collect data to support the development of an effective system of care, inform quality improvement efforts and capture system strengths as well as system-level issues.
Help Me Grow’s 4 Components
1. Health Care Provider Outreach - Supports early detection and intervention through education, training and support.
2. Community Outreach - Encourages the use of Help Me Grow to build bridges and connections between families, health care providers, and community-based service providers.
3. Centralized Access - Connects children and their families to vital services and makes it easier to access information about screenings and referrals to services.
4. Data Collection – Supports the development of an effective system of care, informs quality improvement efforts and captures system strengths as well as system-level issues.
For more information about Help Me Grow-LA, please contact us at [email protected].
- First 5 LA 2015-2020 Strategic Plan
- Help Me Grow National
- Help Me Grow California
- Children Now Infographic: A Healthy Beginning For Young California Kids
Related Topics: Resources
EDITOR’S NOTE: Since February of this year, First 5 LA has hosted a monthly...Read More