Grandparents’ Day Craft
September 8 is Grandparents’ Day! Celebrate by creating a one-of-a-kind multigenerational art piece.
Multigenerational Hand-Painting Craft
You will need:
- Non-toxic, kid-friendly paint
- Construction paper
- Paper plates
- Pens and markers
- Optional: glitter, stickers, feathers, etc.
- Put some paint on a paper plate. Spread it around so that a full hand can “stamp” into it.
- Start by stamping your child’s open hand in the paint, covering their whole palm and fingers. Have your child press that hand on the left side of the construction paper, taking care when they lift their hand off the paper. There should be a perfect handprint left behind.
- Repeat Step 2 using your own hand. You can use the same color or choose another. Place your handprint to the right of your child’s handprint. Next, have your child’s grandparent repeat Step 2, placing their handprint to the right of yours.
- Allow to dry, then below each print write the name of the person who made it. Date this work of art so you will have a lasting memento of each of you. If desired, decorate with glitter, stickers, feathers, etc.
OPTIONAL: You can have everyone in the family make a print, starting with the youngest and going all the way to the oldest (but you might need to get a bigger piece of paper!)
Research shows that being in green spaces enables children to thrive physically...Read More