First 5 LA Five Minutes: Five minutes to building strong attachment…
Have five minutes?
Help your child learn and grow in just five minutes or less, with First
5 LA’s Five Minute parenting ideas!
1. Breastfeed or lie skin-to-skin with your baby. Close contact helps you both feel connected.
2. Speak and sing from the start. Your baby knows the sounds of your voice from before he or she is born, and will recognize it at birth. Help him or her feel safe by gazing at him or her, and speaking and singing softly.
3. Read to your baby. Holding your baby and reading out loud from a book helps him or her feel safe and associate reading with good feelings.
4. Observe your baby for his or her own special cues. Your baby may change his or her body position or facial expression to communicate. By watching for cues, you can be attuned to his or her needs.
5. Respond quickly to his or her cries, which shows that you care and want to help, which can help build closeness and self-esteem.
Related Topics: Bonding
Build a strong and positive relationship from the start by offering loving guidance...Read More