DIY Mother's Day and Father's Day Gifts
Help kids show their love this Mother’s Day and Father’s Day with easy-to-make, from-the-heart, one-of-a-kind gifts!
I Love You THIS MUCH Card
You will need...
- Construction Paper
- Glue or tape
- Fold construction paper in half.
- Trace your child’s hand on the paper. Cut through the folded paper to cut out two copies of the traced hand.
- On each hand, write, “I love you. …”)
- Cut out a strip of paper. Write “THIS MUCH” across the paper, once or many times.
- Fold the strip of paper accordion-style. Attach it to each of the paper hands with glue or tape so that “I love you” appears on the outside of the card and the accordion strip that says “THIS MUCH” is on the inside of the card.
- Sign and present to a parent with love!
Personalized Rock Paperweight
You will need...
- Smooth rocks (find some outside — beach rocks are great — or they can be bought at a craft or dollar store)
- Non-toxic paint or markers
Have your child create a one of a kind paperweight/desk decor for their special parent. Get creative! Here are some ideas:
- Have them paint their favorite positive words that describe a parent. • Make a rainbow rock or a funny animal rock.
- Have them paint a portrait of a parent or a portrait of themselves and their parent.
Note: If you are using rocks from outside, make sure to wash them clean with antibacterial dish soap and have them dry thoroughly before painting. Have fun!
Related Topics: Games and Activities
While the Mayor's Census Story Time Events may be postponed due to the COVID-19...Read More
Research shows that being in green spaces enables children to thrive physically...Read More