DIY Homemade Pasta
Making fresh, homemade pasta is a fun, family-friendly activity that kids love doing and eating. Try making a batch with this easy, economical recipe — no pasta maker required!
You will need:
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons water
- Whisk together eggs, salt, olive oil.
- Put flour in a blender or food processor.
- Blend or process flour with liquid mixture until it resembles crumbs.
- Add water and blend until a wet dough forms. Remove dough to floured counter.
- Flour surface and knead dough until it is smooth — 10 minutes or so. Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and set it aside to rest for 20-30 minutes.
- Sprinkle flour on your work surface and on top of dough. Divide dough into four pieces. Roll a piece into a long rectangle shape with a rolling pin. Turn the dough and roll until it is as thin as possible.
- Cut your dough into thin strips for long noodles, or small squares for butterfly/bow tie shapes. (Pinch in the middle to form a bow tie.) Repeat with remaining dough.
- Dry pasta for five minutes or more.
- Cook pasta in salted, boiling water until it rises to the top of the water. (Fresh pasta cooks much faster than dried pasta — it will be ready in a couple minutes.) Enjoy your pasta with your favorite sauce!
Related Topics: Nutrition
Research shows that when people immigrate to the United States, their diet changes...Read More