Cookie Mix "Gift Jar"
Need a gift that nearly anyone would like? This
Cookie Mix Gift Jar fits the bill. Plus, it is a great project to do with
children because even toddlers can help sprinkle, pour and stir ingredients.
Gift the jar to someone you’re grateful for!
Cookie Mix Jar Directions
· 1-qt. glass container
· Paper for recipe label
Ingredient List for Cookie (Mix) Jar
· 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
· 1 teaspoon baking soda
· 1/2 teaspoon salt
· 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
· 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
· 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
· 1/2 cup dried cranberries
· 1/2 cup chopped almonds (any nuts will do, or none at all for allergy free baking)
· 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
In a 1-qt. glass container, layer flour mixture, brown sugar, 1/2 cup chocolate chips, cranberries, nuts, oats and remaining chips. Cover and store in a cool, dry place up to 6 months.
Recipe Label (for those you are giving the Cookie Mix Jar to)
Additional ingredients needed to make cookies:
· 2/3 cup butter, softened
· 1 egg
· 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
To bake cookies:
· Preheat oven to 350°.
· In a large bowl, beat butter, egg and vanilla until blended.
· Add cookie mix and mix well.
· Drop by rounded tablespoons of dough 2 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheets.
· Bake 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.
· Remove to cool.
Yields: 2-1/2 dozen cookies
Blend chickpeas (garbanzos), steamed carrots and butternut squash blend until...Read More