Who is served by this program?
Pregnant women and parents/primary caregivers of children 0-5 seeking information regarding their child's health.
What kinds of services are provided?
The First 5 LA Enhanced Services for this contract include:
- Efficient and timely response to Target Population callers
- Knowledgeable Community Resource Advisors who provide accurate and knowledgeable information to the Target Population as set forth within "tip sheets"
- Face to face comprehensive information and referral being provided at the Los Angeles Family Court location
211 LA County provides comprehensive assessment leading to high quality information and referral while focusing on the primary service problem categories for target population callers in alignment with First 5 LA's priority outcomes.
- Physical health
- Mental health
- Child care
- Early Childhood Education
- Early literacy
- Parent education
- Child "safety"
- Developmental assessments and screenings
- Health insurance programs
How does 211 LA County address First 5 LA's four goal areas?
All 211 callers are screened to determine if they are First 5 LA target population callers (approximately 84,000 per year), and are specifically assessed for participation in early childhood education or early childhood development programs. When appropriate, referrals are provided to First 5 LA funded programs. Our resource database and informational tip sheets provide resources and referral options for services that support "babies being born healthy", "children maintaining healthy weight", "children being safe from abuse and neglect" and "children ready for kindergarten".