Closing Date for Applications: May 28, 2015 by 5:00pm PDT
Please note that the RFP was updated on May 12, 2015
This solicitation is opened to all qualified applicants.
First 5 LA is seeking a contractor to design and conduct the Los Angeles County Early Care and Education Professional Development System Study. The primary goals of the study are to:
- Understand the current state of the Los Angeles County ECE Professional Development System with a focus on the aspects that relate to First 5 LA’s ongoing professional development efforts
- Determine lessons learned from past activities that have been engaged in by key players that have contributed to the current state of the system
REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS:
Through this Request for Proposals (RFP), First 5 LA will select one (1) contractor to conduct the Los Angeles County Early Care & Education Professional Development System Study. Applicants must have the qualifications, experience, and ability to successfully carry out the Los Angeles County ECE Professional Development System Study, from planning to preparation of reports and project management.
- Cover Letter
- RFP Updated on May 12, 2015
- Appendix A: Descriptions of First 5 LA’s Current Early Care and Education Workforce Development Efforts(PDF)
- Appendix B: Los Angeles County Early Care and Education Professional Development Diagram (PDF)
- Appendix C: First 5 LA Quality Assurance (PDF)
- Appendix D: Sample Deliverables-Based Contract (PDF)
- Appendix E: Proposal Review Tool (PDF)
- Appendix F: Mandatory Intent to Apply Form (PDF)
- Appendix G: Scope of Work Template (MS Word)
- Appendix H: Deliverables-Based Budget Template (MS Excel)
- Appendix I: Litigation and Contract Compliance Form (PDF)
- Appendix J: Application Checklist (PDF)
- FAQs (PDF)
First 5 LA hosted an Information Session webinar on Wednesday, May 6, 2015 from 9:00 a.m. -11:00 a.m. PDT. You can view a recording of the webinar below.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for this opportunity, potential applicants must first submit the Mandatory Intent to Apply Form (Appendix F) via email to Jennifer Menjivar at [email protected] on or before 5:00p.m. PDT, Monday, May 18, 2015. Submission of the Mandatory Intent to Apply form is a prerequisite for submitting a proposal; however it does not obligate the organization to submit a proposal.
Additionally, an application packet complete with required documents must be received through the online application system by First 5 LA no later than 5:00 pm PDT on May 28, 2015. For online application and instructions, see below.
Step 1: Create a user account by clicking here.
Step 2: Once a user account has been created, click here to access the application.
Step 3: Once an application has been started, click here to modify and/or submit your application. Please do not create a new application once you have started your application.
For help with the online application click here.
Applicants must submit all required documents specified in the RFP through this online form. It is highly recommended that you print a copy of your application for your records prior to clicking "Submit." To do this, click "Printer-Friendly Version." You should review the printed copy prior to submitting the application electronically. In addition, you should ensure that the attachments were successfully uploaded by reviewing the list of attachments included.
To ensure that all potential applicants receive the same information, questions and answers will be compiled and posted on the RFP webpage. All questions and requests for additional information regarding this RFP must be received before 5 pm PDT on May 18, 2015 and answers will be posted on the website by May 21, 2015. First 5 LA reserves the sole right to determine the timing and content of the responses to all questions and requests for additional information. First 5 LA may respond to individual inquiries and then post replies to all questions by the posting date.
All questions and requests for additional information regarding this RFP must be submitted via email to Jennifer Menjivar, Research Analyst, at [email protected].