THIS CALL FOR EXTERNAL REVIEWERS HAS CLOSED
Original Closing Date: April 24, 2014 by 5:00pm PDT
Current Closing Date: April 30, 2014 by 5:00pm PDT
First 5 LA is soliciting qualified reviewers to read and score proposals for the Modified Bridges for Newborns Screening Tool Psychometric Study RFP. Selected reviewers will have substantial experience with psychometric studies, specifically reliability and validity assessments.
Background: Modified Bridges for Newborns Screening Tool Psychometric Study RFP
The First 5 LA Research and Evaluation (R&E) department is seeking a contractor to conduct a psychometric study of the Modified Bridges for Newborns Screening Tool. The purpose of the study is to examine whether this tool is accurately assessing risk within our population, specifically mothers giving birth in Welcome Baby hospitals near or in our 14 Best Start communities. The current psychometric study will examine both the reliability and the validity of the Modified Bridges for Newborns Screening Tool. For reliability, inter-rater/inter-observer reliability will be assessed to determine whether hospital liaisons are scoring mothers in the same way. For validity, both concurrent and convergent validity will be examined. For concurrent validity, the goal is to evaluate whether the Modified Bridges for Newborns Screening Tool can distinguish between low/moderate and high-risk women in our sample. For convergent validity, the purpose is to examine whether the Modified Bridges for Newborns Screening Tool is similar to other constructs that measure risk.
The selected applicant will design both the validity and reliability components of the study. This will entail working with both the Welcome Baby oversight entity as well as possibly collaborating with hospitals to gain access and collect data during the Welcome Baby hospital visit. The selected contractor will also analyze the collected data and write a report with findings and recommendations for First 5 LA. To that end, we are seeking RFP applicants who have experience developing and analyzing psychometric studies, are knowledgeable about maternal and child health topics, have experience developing collaborative relationships, and have experience working in Southern California, preferably Los Angeles County.
As part of the procurement process, we seek external reviewers to read and score proposals. For more information on the study, please see the Modified Bridges for Newborns Screening Tool Psychometric Study RFP.
GENERAL QUALIFICATIONS FOR REVIEWERS
- Previous research and evaluation experience, preferably engaged in projects that are relevant to the work being undertaken by First 5 LA and that are aligned with the areas of expertise or content knowledge sought for the RFP
- Knowledge of ways of conducting psychometric studies
- Knowledge of the issues and challenges in measuring reliability
- Knowledge of the issues and challenges in measuring validity
- Knowledge of maternal risk and/or ways of measuring maternal risk
- Knowledge of child development or maternal/child health
- Not involved in planning with any individual in regards to submitting an application for this RFP, and is not submitting a proposal for this RFP themselves.
- Participate in a conference call to learn about First 5 LA, the RFP and the review tool to be used in evaluating proposals (between May 6-8 , date and time to be determined)
- Read the RFP and Q&A from potential applicants
- Review and score proposals and provide feedback that highlights the strengths and weaknesses of each proposal from May 13th through May 20th.
- Submit score sheets to First 5 LA by 12:00 pm PDT on Wednesday May 20th.
- Be available for a feedback call on either May 20th or May 21st.
- Reviewers must sign a Conflict of Interest and Confidentiality Statement
- Reviewers must submit a W-9 upon request
TIMELINE AND STIPEND
- Reviewers will have one (1) week to score all proposals and submit score sheets to First 5 LA, from May 13th to May 20th at 12:00pm PDT.
- Reviewers must be available for a feedback call on either May 20th or the morning of May 21st (time to be determined).
- Reviewers will be provided a stipend of $120 per application reviewed.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested reviewers should attach a resume with a completed proposal reviewer application (using the template provided below) highlighting relevant experience and submit via email to Melinda Leidy, Research Analyst, at [email protected]. Your resume and application must be received no later than
Friday April 24, 2015 Thursday April 30, 2015 at 5:00pm PDT, via email.
There will be a two phase review process for the selection of reviewers for this RFP.
- Phase I: Identify finalists based on qualifications. You will be notified by April 30th if you are designated as a finalist.
- Phase II: Prior to the final selection of reviewers, a list of RFP applicants will be shared
on April 30thby May 1st to determine if there are any potential conflicts of interest. You will be notified by May 5th if you are selected as a reviewer.
*Please keep in mind that all dates may be subject to change.
All questions and requests for additional information regarding this call for reviewers must be submitted via email to Melinda Leidy, Research Analyst at [email protected]