First 5 LA’s goal for funding conferences and events is to support knowledge-sharing activities that advance the field of early child development through:
- Increasing community and/or professional capacity
- Disseminating best and promising practices
- Sharing new research findings
To this end, this grant will fund conferences and events that support improved outcomes for families with children 0-5 and relate to First 5 LA’s goal of building stronger families and healthier communities through focus in: health, early care and education, fitness and nutrition and/or child safety.
All proposed conference/events must be held in Los Angeles County and serve their population.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications must be filed at a minimum of three months prior to the conference/event. Applications will be reviewed according to the following filing period:
- Conference held between July 1, 2015 - December 31, 2015: Applications accepted between April 1, 2015 to April 30, 2015
To apply for this grant opportunity, applicants must submit the following required documents through the online application system:
- Online Application
- Conference Agenda
- Short Biographies of all Presenters/Speakers at the conference/event and a statement clarifying if the speakers will receive honorarium and how much it will be (including speaking fees, hotel stays, transportation or meals)
- Conference Budget (indicating which component will First 5 LA’s investment support)
- Conference Programs (if available)
In order to respond to this grant opportunity, an application packet complete with required documents must be received through the online application system by no later than 5:00pm PST on April 30, 2015. For online application and instructions please click here.
Applicants must submit all required documents specified in the grant application through this online form. It is highly recommended that you print a copy of your application for your records prior to clicking "Submit." To do this, click "Printer-Friendly Version." You should review the printed copy prior to submitting the application electronically. In addition, you should ensure that the attachments were successfully uploaded by reviewing the list of attachments included.
Please review the following documents before responding to the application.
- Appendix A: Conference Guidelines (pdf)
- Appendix B: Review Tool (pdf)
- Appendix C: Sample Memorandum of Understanding (pdf)
All questions and requests for additional information regarding this Grant Application must be submitted via email to Livier Cabezas, Program Officer, Grants Management Department at [email protected].