First 5 LA's goal for funding conferences and events is to support knowledge-sharing activities that advance the field of early child development through:
- Increasing community and/or professional capacity
- Disseminating best and promising practices
- Sharing new research findings
To this end, this grant will fund conferences and events that support improved outcomes for families with children 0-5 and relate to First 5 LA's goal of building stronger families and healthier communities. Conferences and events should seeks to achieve these outcomes through efforts relating to prenatal health, early care and education, fitness and nutrition, and child safety.
All proposed conference/events must be held in Los Angeles County and serve their population.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications must be filed at a minimum of three months prior to the conference/event. Applications will be reviewed according to the following filing period:
- Conference held between January 1, 2015 - June 30, 2015: Applications accepted between October 1, 2014 to October 31, 2014
To apply for this grant opportunity, applicants must fill out an online application and upload supporting documentation. Please click here for application.
Additionally, applicants must submit the following via e-mail to [email protected]
- Letter outlining the conference/event including time, place, goal of conference, audience served (including geographic or ethnic communities), estimated number of attendees, entrance fee (if applicable) and description of how the conference will assist First 5 LA in achieving its priority goals of health, safety, nutrition/fitness, and early care and education.
Please review the following documents before responding to the application.
- Appendix A: Conference Sponsorship Grant Guidelines (pdf) UPDATED
- Appendix B: W-9 (pdf)
- Appendix C: Review Tool (pdf)
- Appendix D: Sample Memo of Understanding (MOU) (pdf)
For additional information or further questions, please contact Violet Gonzalez,
Countywide Marketing Manager, Public Affairs Department at [email protected]