Addendum No. 1 posted June 14, 2019
Posting Date: May 30, 2019
Closing Date for Proposals: 5:00 P.M. PT on June 28, 2019
Proposers must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Proposers must have a minimum of five years of operation as a legal entity
- Proposers must have a permanent primary office location in Los Angeles County
The Built Environment Policy and Advocacy Fund (BEPAF) is a multi-year program with an objective to build the organizational capacity and effectiveness of advocacy groups and community-based organizations that are working to improve three focus areas of the built environment – parks/open space, transportation/mobility, and food security – through public policy advocacy. Organizational capacity is defined as the wide range of capabilities, knowledge, and resources that organizations need to be effective. First 5 LA is seeking qualified organizations to serve as the Fund Intermediary to achieve these project objectives.
- Cover Page - Updated June 14, 2019
- Built Environment Policy Advocacy Fund Intermediary RFQ - PDF - Updated June 14, 2019
- Addendum No. 1 - Posted June 14, 2019
- Appendix A – Map of Best Start regions and geographic areas (Information) - PDF
- Appendix B – First 5 LA Built Environment Policy Advocacy Fund Initial Design (Information) - PDF - Updated June 14, 2019
- Appendix C – First 5 LA Funding Guidelines (Information) - PDF
- Appendix D – Application Checklist (Information) - PDF
- Appendix E – Review Tool (Information) - PDF - Updated June 14, 2019
- Appendix F – Detailed Budget (Required Document) - xlsx
- Appendix G – Budget Form Instructions (Information) - PDF - Updated June 14, 2019
- Appendix H – Budget Narrative Sample (Information) - PDF
- Appendix I – Sample Grant Agreement (Information) - PDF
- Appendix J – Litigation and Contract Compliance Form (Required Document) - PDF
INFORMATIONAL WEBINARPotential proposers are highly encouraged to participate in the Information Webinar scheduled for June 10, 2019 at 10:00 a.m. PT to learn more about the RFP requirements. Please reference Addendum No. 1 posted on June 14, 2019 for updated information.
HOW TO APPLY:
An application packet complete with required documents must be received by First 5 LA no later than 5:00 p.m. PT on July 8, 2019. Please review the RFP’s Timeline for Selection Process to ensure availability during the review activities.
To ensure that all potential applicants receive the same information, questions and answers will be compiled and posted on this web page. All questions and requests for additional information regarding this RFP must be received before 5 p.m. PT on June 25, 2019 and answers will be posted on the website on June 28, 2019. First 5 LA reserves the sole right to determine the timing and content of the responses to all questions and requests for additional information. First 5 LA may respond to individual inquires and them post replies to all questions by the posting date.
To respond to this RFP, please submit your proposal and all required documents through the online application system designated by First 5 LA by no later than 5:00 p.m. PT on July 8, 2019.
- Step 1: Create a user account by clicking here.
- Step 2: Once a user account has been created, click here to access the application.
- Step 3: Once an application has been started, click here to modify and/or submit your application. Please do not create a new application once you have started your application.
For help with the online application click here.
Applicants must submit all required documents specified in the RFP through this online form. It is highly recommended that you print a copy of your application for your records prior to clicking "Submit." To do this, click "Printer-Friendly Version." You should review the printed copy prior to submitting the application electronically. In addition, you should ensure that the attachments were successfully uploaded by reviewing the list of attachments included.
All questions and requests for additional information regarding this RFP must be submitted via email to Blanca Hernandez, Contract Compliance Officer at [email protected]