First 5 LA is one of 58 county commissions in California created by Proposition 10 in November 1998 to invest in early childhood development projects, initiatives and advocacy efforts for children prenatal to age 5. In November 2014, the First 5 LA Board of Commissioners adopted a new strategic plan to guide our investments from July 2015 through June 2020. The plan, Focusing for the Future, lays out a clear path for First 5 LA to maximize its impact to strengthen families and improve outcomes for the greatest number of Los Angeles County’s youngest children. The plan serves as our roadmap to strengthening families, the communities they live in, and the systems that support them.
Our Funding Center will keep you posted on new funding and contract opportunities, including our funding guidelines, requirements and procedures.
First 5 LA policy does not allow us to respond to unsolicited proposals.
First 5 LA supports programs and services for children prenatal to age 5 and their families through a competitive and open solicitation process. Below you can find our current funding opportunities.Current Funding Opportunities
- Architectural and Engineering Services Request for Proposals (RFP): First 5 LA invites proposals from qualified Architectural & Engineering firms to perform preliminary architectural and engineering services for the First 5 LA Capital Improvement Project to renovate the First 5 LA office building – exterior and interior. First 5 LA seeks to hire one (1) Architectural & Engineering firm to provide a full range of architectural and engineering services necessary for the preparation of the Capital Improvement Project construction work.
- FIRST CONNECTIONS PROGRAM EVALUATION REQUEST FOR
PROPOSALS (RFP) First
5 LA is seeking to contract with an evaluator to design and conduct an
evaluation of the First Connections Program. This evaluation will focus on: a) program
implementation; b) evidence of effectiveness; and c) (to the extent possible)
relationship between implementation and effectiveness. The goal of the
evaluation is to: 1) identify essential components to implementing the First
Connections Program and demonstrate grantees ability to embed and expand EII
practices within their agencies; and 2) recognize what EII practices were most effective
in standardizing early identification and making successful referrals (i.e.,
referrals appropriate based on screening results and families followed through
Partner Funding Opportunities
Closed Opportunities - The following funding opportunities have closed while applications are being reviewed.
- Content Writing and Editing Request for Qualifications (RFQ): First 5 LA is seeking up to two (2) qualified contractors (firms or individuals) that can provide First 5 LA with content writing and editing expertise. Specifically, First 5 LA seeks experienced writers with the ability to translate complex, research-based, technical information into readable, easy-to-comprehend narratives that are easily understood by a broad array of audiences.
- Emergency Notification Software Request for Qualifications (RFQ): First 5 LA seeks one (1) vendor to provide a web-based system with emergency notification capabilities through an Application Service Provider (ASP) or through a Software as a Service (SaaS) provider.
- IT Service Provider Request for Qualifications (RFQ): First
5 LA is seeking proposals from qualified, knowledgeable and experienced
Information Technology (IT) service providers to augment our in-house IT
Conference and Event Sponsorship October 2018: First 5 LA is accepting applications from agencies, organizations, or collaborative groups with a lead agency seeking a conference or event sponsorship for the period of January 1, 2019 to June 30, 2019.
- Support & Implementation Of Los Angeles County Home Visitation, Prevention, And Other Related Activities Request for Proposals: The Los Angeles County Office of Child Protection (OCP) is issuing this Request for Proposals (RFP) to solicit proposals for contracts for a consultant or consultant team to help support and implement a countywide home visitation program and other areas of the prevention plan as needed.
- Comprehensive Fiscal Analysis of the Early Care and Education System in Los Angeles County Request For Proposal: The Los Angeles County (LAC) Office of Child Protection (OCP) is issuing this Request for Proposals (RFP) to solicit proposals for a consultant or consultant team to conduct a comprehensive fiscal analysis of the Early Care and Education (ECE) system in Los Angeles County. Questions and Answers »
- Strategic Plan Refinement Consultant Request for Proposals (RFP): First 5 LA is seeking a consultant to work with and support staff in the review and refinement of the current FY 2015-2020 Strategic Plan. This refinement process is grounded in the learnings and the recognition that the fundamental elements of the FY 2015-2020 Strategic Plan continue to drive and prioritize our work.
- Quality Start Los Angeles Development Evaluation Request for Proposals (RFP): First 5 LA is issuing this solicitation to invite submissions from applicants to identify a contractor to design and conduct an evaluation of the following Quality Start Los Angeles (“QSLA”) components using a developmental approach: a) assessment technical assistance; b) quality rating; c) program coaching; and d) specialty coaching.
- Janitorial Services Request for Qualifications (RFQ): First 5 LA seeks to hire a janitorial services firm to clean its office building of approximately 38,000 square feet covering three floors.
- IT Support Services Request for Qualifications (RFQ): The purpose of this Request for Qualifications (RFQ) is to invite submissions from established vendors of technology staffing services. First 5 LA is seeking to contract with a vendor to supply professional IT staffing on an as-needed basis to augment our current IT staff.
- Los Angeles County Home Visitor Compensation Study and Turnover Analysis Request for Proposals: First 5 LA is issuing this Request for Proposals (RFP) to select proposals from firms or consultants experienced in compensation study and turnover analysis to conduct an assessment of home visitor and management positions across home visiting programs in Los Angeles County, and develop a written report of such findings and recommendations.
- Call for External Reviewers - Los Angeles County Home Visitor Compensation Study and Turnover Analysis RFP: First 5 LA is issuing this Request for Proposals (RFP) to select proposals from firms or consultants experienced in compensation study and turnover analysis to conduct an assessment of home visitor and management positions across home visiting programs in Los Angeles County, and develop a written report of such findings and recommendations.
- Assist the Prevention and Aftercare Networks in Building Capacity – Request for Proposal: This First 5 LA partner, the Office of Child Protection, invites qualified vendors to submit written proposals to assess the Prevention and Aftercare Network agencies’ existing services, develop agency-based training curricula to increase capacity, and provide training and onsite technical assistance to these providers located throughout Los Angeles County. RFP Questions and Answers »
- Branded Promotional Items - Request for Vendors (RFV): First 5 LA is seeking to work with eligible and qualified vendors to support the production of branded promotional items.
- Consultant for Impact Framework RFQ: First 5 LA is issuing this solicitation to invite submissions from qualified consulting firms, consulting teams, or independent consultants to identify a Consultant(s) that will provide technical assistance and support the Integration & Learning Division in the development and implementation of the three phases of the Impact Framework.
- Security Guard Services - Request for Qualifications (RFQ): First 5 LA seeks to hire a security services firm to provide unarmed security guard services for its office located on the Union Station Campus in downtown Los Angeles.
- Conference and Event Sponsorship April 2018: First 5 LA is accepting applications from agencies, organizations, or collaborative groups with a lead agency seeking a conference or event sponsorship. First 5 LA’s goal for providing sponsorships is to support knowledge sharing activities that advance the field of early child development through: increasing community and/or professional capacity, disseminating best and promising practices, and sharing new research findings.
- Early Childhood Educator Competencies Professional Development Grants RFP: First 5 LA is seeking organizations interested in strengthening the early learning professional development system by integrating the California Early Childhood Educator Competencies (Competencies) into Los Angeles County training programs.
- Computers and Related Workstation Equipment Vendor Request for Qualifications (RFQ): The purpose of this RFQ is to invite submissions for vendors that can supply computers and related workstation equipment on an as needed basis to First 5 LA’s offices in Los Angeles, California.