1. What are three good things your family experienced this summer?
2. Do 10 pushups with your child.
3. I spy… something lime green! What lime green things can your child see around them?
4. What kinds of animals might you see living near the beach in Los Angeles?
5. Make a snack with your child, teaching early math skills by counting ingredients.
6. Read a Book Day! Read a book with your child today.
7. Happy Labor Day! Spend a relaxing day at the park or outside with your child.
8. How many words can your child think of that rhyme with the word, “fall”?
9. Tell your child about a time when you had a lot of fun.
10. I spy… something crinkly! What crinkly things can your child see around them?
11. 9/11 Remembrance Day. Do something to help others with your child.
12. What is something important you learned as a child that you can pass down to your child?
13. Do 25 jumping jacks with your child.
14. Take some quiet reading/creative time with your child for 30 minutes today.
15. Latino Heritage Month begins! What Spanish words does your child know?
16. Tell your child a fun made-up story and see if they can tell you a fun one as well.
17. I spy… something rainbow! Can your child see any rainbow things around them?
18. What colors might you see in a rainforest?
19. National Dance Day! Choreograph a funny dance with your child today.
20. Draw a make-believe animal with your child. It can be anything! Extra eyes, colorful scales, magical wings! Get creative.
21. World Gratitude Day. What are three things you and your child are grateful for?
22. Fall begins! What happens when summer turns to autumn?
23. I spy… triangles! Have your child identify three-sided things they see.
24. What animals lay eggs?
25. Go for a walk outside with your child for at least 20 minutes today.
26. Look up at the sky with your child. What shapes are the clouds? Do they look like a certain animal?
27. What are two things that can make tomorrow a better day?
28. What is your child’s favorite subject in school and why?
29. If your child had to pick five foods to eat for a month, what would they be?
30. What is a goal your child would like to accomplish for October?