Posting Date: November 05, 2019
Closing Date : 5:00 p.m. PT on December 05, 2019
Update: November 15, 2019 - the following has been posted:
- Informational Webinar recording and presentation slides
Update: November 20, 2019 - Addendum No.1 posted
Proposers must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Proposers must be a nonprofit or private entity. First 5 LA will not accept proposals form sole proprietors, government agencies, academic institutions, informal community groups, Regional Network Grantees or their subcontractors
- Proposers must have a permanent physical office located in Los Angeles County.
The purpose of the Optimizing Organizational Capacity in Best Start Networks Project is to strengthen the capacity of nonprofit organizations actively participating within each of the 14 Best Start community partnerships to more effectively influence policy and systems level change within the local and regional Best Start networks. To this end, this project seeks to strengthen participating nonprofit organizations systems, structures, resources, relationships, and skills needed to fully realize their contribution as important players in advancing systems change within the local and regional Best Start networks and the larger social ecosystem.
- Cover Letter - PDF
- Addendum No.1 - PDF - Posted on November 20, 2019
- Optimizing Organizational Capacity in Best Start Networks RFP- PDF - Updated on November 20, 2019 per Addendum No.1
- Appendix A – Map of Best Start regions and geographic areas (Information) - PDF
- Appendix B – Review Tool (Information) - PDF
- Appendix C – Application Checklist (Information) - PDF
- Appendix D – Detailed Budget Template (For submission) - Excel
- Appendix E – Budget Form Instructions (Information) - PDF
- Appendix F – Budget Narrative Sample (Information) - PDF
- Appendix G – Litigation and Contract Compliance Form (For submission) - PDF
- Appendix H – Sample Contract (Information) - PDF
HOW TO APPLY
In order to respond to this RFP, an application packet complete with required documents must be received through the online application system by First 5 LA no later than 5:00 pm PT on December 09, 2019. Please review the RFP’s Timeline for Selection Process to ensure availability during the review activities.
Step 1: Create a user account by clicking here.
Step 2: Once a user account has been created, click here to access the application.
Step 3: Once an application has been started, click here to modify and/or submit your application. Please do not create a new application once you have started your application.
For help with the online application click here.
Applicants must submit all required documents specified in the RFP through this online form. It is highly recommended that you print a copy of your application for your records prior to clicking "Submit." To do this, click "Printer-Friendly Version." You should review the printed copy prior to submitting the application electronically. In addition, you should ensure that the attachments were successfully uploaded by reviewing the list of attachments included.
To ensure that all potential applicants receive the same information, questions and answers will be compiled and posted on this webpage. All questions and requests for additional information regarding this RFP must be received before 5:00 pm PT on November 25, 2019 and answers will be posted on the website on November 27, 2019 . First 5 LA reserves the sole right to determine the timing and content of the responses to all questions and requests for additional information. First 5 LA may respond to individual inquires and them post replies to all questions by the posting date.
Please check this Funding Center webpage regularly for updates and addenda. First 5 LA has the right to amend this solicitation by written addendum. First 5 LA is responsible only for that which is expressly stated in the solicitation document and any authorized written addenda thereto. Such addenda shall be made available via the online funding center. Failure to address the requirements of such addendum may result in the proposal not being considered, at the sole discretion of First 5 LA. Addenda to this solicitation, if any, will be posted on this webpage. It is the responsibility of applicants to ensure, prior to submission, that their application reflects the most recent information and RFP requirements.
All questions and requests for additional information regarding this RFP must be submitted via email to Sabel Morales, Contract Compliance Manager, at [email protected]