Make Your Own Pop-Up Holiday Card
Want to make a holiday card that really pops out amongst the others? Make a holiday pop-up card! Use the written instructions below or follow along with our video tutorial:
You will need:
- Card stock or other heavyweight paper
- Colorful construction paper
- Glue or tape
- Markers or crayons
- Cut the card stock to twice the size of card you want. (You will fold it in half to make the card.)
- Fold card stock in half.
- Cut a piece of construction paper that is the same size.
- Cut two parallel slits – 1 inch apart and 1 inch long – on the folded edge of the card stock.
- Fold the slit piece up to form a tab. This will be the base for your pop-up item.
- Open the card and turn the tab so that it pops out of the inside of the card.
- Glue card stock to construction paper and avoid the tab so that it can still “pop.”
- Decide on something you would like to have pop out – a tree, candle, snowman or other holiday-themed drawings are all good options!
- Draw the item you want to pop and cut it out. Set aside.
- Decorate the rest of the card to create a background for the item that pops.
- Glue your pop-up item to the tab.
- Put the card in an envelope and give it to a special person!