Lemon-Garlic Picnic Drumsticks
This easy, affordable recipe is great for a crowd, and the drumsticks are easy for little hands to hold. This chicken tastes best if you marinate a few hours (or overnight) before you cook it. Serve at your picnic with chopped fresh veggies, your choice of dips and fresh bread.
- 3 pounds chicken drumsticks • 2⁄3 cup olive or other oil
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- Juice of one large lemon
- 1 tsp. salt
- Pepper to taste
1. Combine all ingredients except chicken together in a large sealable bag or container large enough to hold all the chicken.
2. Add chicken, mixing so all drumsticks are covered with marinade.
3. Refrigerate and marinate for a few hours or longer. (The longer you marinate, the stronger the flavor.)
4. When you are ready to cook, remove chicken from refrigerator and preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
5. Roast drumsticks in the oven for about 45 minutes until skin is golden and juices run clear when it is pierced with a knife. Serve hot, room temperature or cold.