July, 2020 Amazing Activities
1. Count the number of trees you see from a window in your house.
2. Sing your child’s favorite song with them.
3. How many words that begin with ‘Z’ can your child name?
4. Happy Independence Day!
5. What are three things you and your child can do that will help someone today?
6. How long can you and your child keep batting a balloon in the air?
7. Science fun! What lives underground?
8. Do ten jumping jacks!
9. How many double numbers (like 22) can your child think of?
10. I spy… something round! What sorts of round things can your child see?
11. Stretch your arms and pretend to be an airplane.
12. Play a beat-making game with your child. Start with one clap and have them repeat, then add another sound, like a knee slap. How long can you go repeating?
13. What kinds of things have six sides? Can your child draw a shape that has six sides?
14. Count backwards from 100 by 10s.
15. Tell your child about the best thing that happened in your day. What was the best thing about their day?
16. Science fun! Name two animals that lay eggs.
17. What are the colors of the rainbow? (Hint: Their initials spell ROYGBIV)
18. I spy… something square! Can your child see anything in the shape of a square?
19. How many different foods can your child name that begin with ‘B’?
20. What are some great things about summer? Discuss with your child, then do something fun (and safe!)
21. Have your child draw a portrait of you. Then draw a portrait of them!
22. Practice writing your child’s name with them.
23. Do 15 jumping jacks with your child.
24. Have your child help cook dinner with you.
25. What is your child’s favorite fruit and why?
26. If your child could have a super power, what would it be and why?
27. Can your child name all the months of the year in order?
28. How many fingers and toes does your child have? Count together!
29. I spy… something glittery! What kind of glittery things can your child see around them?
30. Say “Sarah sits in the sun singing summer songs” three times fast!
31. Play catch or roll with your child.