First 5 LA’s Amazing Activities, February 2020
1. What are three attainable goals you and your child can set for February?
2. I spy… something yellow! How many yellow things can your child see around them?
3. How many words can your child make using the letters in ‘February’?
4. February is Black History Month! Tell your child about the importance of the civil rights movement.
5. Listen to your favorite music with your child!
6. Do twenty jumping jacks with your child.
7. Draw a picture of your home with your child from memory!
8. Science fun! What kinds of animals have long hair/fur?
9. Go on a walk with your child around your neighborhood.
10. What was your child’s favorite part of their day, and what part of their day can they make better?
11. Does your child know how to say “hello” and “goodbye” in any other languages? Research a new language and learn together!
12. Tell your child about a time when you felt confident.
13. Make some paper valentines with your child for family members and friends.
14. Happy Valentine’s Day! Tell your child what makes them special, and why you love them.
15. Have a 10-minute silly dance party!
16. Science fun! What happens when you mix yellow and red together?
17. Presidents Day! How many presidents can your child name?
18. Take a family picnic to the park. Encourage your family to do a fun and energetic activity.
19. How many words can your child think of that rhyme with “love”?
20. Tell your child three things that you love about yourself. Have your child tell you three things they love about themselves!
21. Get creative! Draw the most colorful work of art with your child. Try to use every color you can think of!
22. What is something your child likes about this month, and why?
23. Do 25 situps with your child.
24. Listen to a fun book on tape with your child.
25. How many words can your child think of that have the same meaning as “tired”?
26. I spy… something green! What green things can your child see around them?
27. Come up with a secret handshake with your child. Try to make it as silly as possible!
28. Can your child come up with three words using the letters in their full name? 29. Leap day: Discuss how this day only happens once every four years!