While the COVID-19 pandemic is not yet over, receiving any of the three FDA-authorized COVID-19 vaccines is the best way to protect you and your family from COVID-19 and its variants, according to the Los Angeles Department of Public Health. The vaccines are extremely effective at preventing people from getting sick from COVID-19 and ending up in the hospital or dying. They also reduce the risk of becoming chronically ill from COVID-19 and from missing work and school. When we get vaccinated, we aren’t just protecting ourselves, but also our family, friends and neighbors. This includes children under 12 who can’t be vaccinated yet and people with very weak immune systems for whom the vaccine is less effective.
Los Angeles County is currently offering FREE vaccines to any individual 12 years and older. Vaccines are available at hundreds of locations throughout L.A. County including clinics, pharmacies, worksites, schools, places of worship, senior housing developments and long-term care facilities. There are also community vaccination sites and mobile or pop-up sites in places like metro stations and parks. In-home vaccination is available for people who are homebound. Many locations do not require an appointment.
First 5 LA has compiled a list of resources and information on where you can receive the COVID-19 vaccine as well as safety information related to the vaccine. See below to find out more:
How to Find a COVID-19 Vaccine in L.A. County:
- L.A. County Department of Public Health Vaccine Finder: http://publichealth.lacounty.gov/acd/ncorona2019/vaccine/hcwsignup/ (English) or www.VacunateLosAngeles.com (Spanish).
- City of Los Angeles Carbon Health Vaccine Scheduler: https://carbonhealth.com/covid-19-vaccines/los-angeles
- Curative Vaccine Scheduler: https://curative.com/covid-19-vaccine
- CVS: https://www.cvs.com/immunizations/covid-19-vaccine
- Walgreens: https://www.walgreens.com/findcare/vaccination/covid/19/landing
- Vaccines.gov: Find a Vaccine Near You: https://www.vaccines.gov/
FAQs/Safety Information Related to the COVID-19 Vaccine:
- CDC: Frequently Asked Questions about the COVID-19 Vaccine
- L.A. County of Public Health: Frequently Asked Questions about COVID-19 Vaccines
- FDA: Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine Frequently Asked Questions
- CDC: Myths and Facts about COVID-19 Vaccines
- UCLA: COVID-19 Vaccine Hub
FAQs/Information Related to COVID-19 Vaccine “Booster” Shots
- CDC: Who is Eligible For a COVID-19 Vaccine Booster Shot?
- LAist.com: Here’s How To Get A Third COVID Shot In Southern California
Information related to COVID-19 Vaccination Rates: