COVID-19 Community Health Resource Banks:
- California Health Care Foundation: COVID-19 Clearinghouse
- California Primary Care Association
- Community Clinic Association Los Angeles County
- COVID-19 Literacy Project: Fact Sheets on COVID-19 (Multiple Languages)
Information on COVID-19 Vaccine Distribution
Los Angeles County Department of Public Health: http://publichealth.lacounty.gov/acd/ncorona2019/covidvaccinedistribution/
Getting Tested for COVID-19:
Testing is available for free for all L.A. County residents, regardless of whether or not you are showing symptoms.
Testing is by appointment only. To book an appointment, visit: https://lacovidprod.service-now.com/rrs
*Note* The Public Charge rule does NOT restrict access to testing and treatment of communicable diseases, includes COVID-19. Fore more information, click here.
(6/3/20) LA County Supervisor Hilda L. Solis, in partnership with the Governor’s Office, launched the following testing sites in the First District:
Cal State LA, 5151 State University Drive, Los Angeles, CA 90032
Chap Care 10408 Vacco Street Suite A, South El Monte, CA 91733
At the above testing sites, you do not need to experience symptoms to be tested. However, those with symptoms will receive priority consideration.
Testing for Employees and Staff
Your organization can block off appointments on a particular day so that staff can be tested. We encourage you to pursue this option by contacting Norma Casas, DHS, at [email protected] to make this arrangement.
Appointments are available now! Individuals can schedule an appointment to be tested here — https://lhi.care/covidtesting. There are many appointments available this week.
Health Insurance Information:
The State of California has announced that all health insurance plans are required to provide no-cost care to members seeking coronavirus testing, screening, or treatment.
- Because of COVID-19, you or someone you know may be newly eligible due to job loss and can apply for Medi-Cal online at coveredca.com
- For more information on how to keep your Medi-Cal during a pandemic: healthconsumer.org/covid19
- Maternal and Child Health Access will assist individuals who have Medi-Cal but are experiencing issues accessing it. Call 213-749-4261 and receive a call back within 24-48 hours from a blocked number.
Information on COVID-19 & Children’s Health:
Based on available evidence, children do not appear to be at higher risk for COVID-19 than adults. While some children and infants have been sick with COVID-19, adults make up most of the known cases to date, according to the CDC.
A small number of children, however, have developed an inflammatory condition as a result of COVID-19 known as Multi-System Inflammatory Syndrome (MIS-C). MIS-C has been described as inflammation (swelling) across multiple body systems, potentially including the heart, lungs, kidneys, brain, skin, eyes, and gastrointestinal organs. Signs and symptoms of MIS-C include fever and various symptoms such as abdominal pain, vomiting, diarrhea, neck pain, rash, and feeling tired.
If your child has any of these symptoms, other symptoms of COVID-19, or other concerning signs, contact your pediatrician. If your child is showing any emergency warning signs including trouble breathing, persistent pain or pressure in the chest, new confusion, inability to wake or stay awake, bluish lips or face, severe abdominal pain, or other concerning signs, seek emergency care right away.
Keeping Kids Physically Active During Shelter-At-Home Orders:
- Sedentary lockdowns put kids at risk for obesity. Here’s how to help them stay moving: https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/12/health/pandemic-obesity-kids-wellness/index.html
Resources for Mental Health & COVID-19:
- California Surgeon General’s Playbook: Stress Relief for Caregivers and Kids during COVID-19
- Coronavirus Anxiety Workbook A tool to help you build resilience during difficult times
- California Surgeon General’s Playbook: Stress Relief During COVID-19
- L.A. Department of Public Health: Dealing with Stress During Infectious Disease Outbreaks that Require Social Distancing
- Shine: Care for Your Coronavirus Anxiety – Tools for Dealing with Anxiety & Stress
- ACEs Aware: COVID-19 & Stress
- ACEs Connections: Resources for parents, educators and people practicing resilience
- More ACEs Aware resources, specifically for parenting and COVID-19.
The California Department of Public Health: Women & COVID-19 Resource Page, also has information on:
- Protecting Your Family
- Family and Reproductive Health Professionals
- Children & Youth with Special Health Care Needs
- Manage Anxiety & Stress
- Family Nutrition & Food Resources
Resources for Pregnant Individuals:
Directory of Home Visiting Programs: https://edirectory.homevisitingla.org/Home/Programs
Breastfeeding & COVID-19:
- BabyCenter: Coronavirus (COVID-19) pregnancy FAQs: Medical experts answer your questions
- National Perinatal Association: COVID-19
- Carolina Global Breastfeeding Institute: COVID-19 Resources
- Royal College of Obstetricians & Gynaecologists: Coronavirus (COVID-19) Infection in Pregnancy: Information for healthcare professionals
- Academy of Breastfeeding Medicine: ABM Statement on Coronavirus 2019 (COVID-19)
- United States Breastfeeding Committee: Infant and Young Child Feeding in Emergencies, including COVID-19*