Getting Tested for COVID-19:
Go to http://Coronavirus.LACity.org/Testing to learn more about new COVID-19 testing available from the City of L.A. and to see if you're eligible.
*Note* The Public Charge rule does NOT restrict access to testing and treatment of communicable diseases, includes COVID-19. Fore more information, click here.
Health Insurance Information:
The State of California has announced that all health insurance plans are required to provide no-cost care to members seeking coronavirus testing, screening, or treatment.
- Because of COVID-19, you or someone you know may be newly eligible due to job loss and can apply for Medi-Cal online at coveredca.com
- For more information on how to keep your Medi-Cal during a pandemic: healthconsumer.org/covid19
- Maternal and Child Health Access will assist individuals who have Medi-Cal but are experiencing issues accessing it. Call 213-749-4261 and receive a call back within 24-48 hours from a blocked number.
Information on COVID-19 & Children's Health:
While research is still developing, there’s currently data that suggests that children are less susceptible to COVID-19. In fact, children may be less vulnerable to the virus and experience less-extreme symptoms than adults, according to NPR.
For more information on children and COVID-19, click here.
Resources for Mental Health & COVID-19:
- L.A. Department of Public Health: Dealing with Stress During Infectious Disease Outbreaks that Require Social Distancing
- Shine: Care for Your Coronavirus Anxiety - Tools for Dealing with Anxiety & Stress
- ACEs Aware: COVID-19 & Stress
The California Department of Public Health: Women & COVID-19 Resource Page, also has information on:
- Protecting Your Family
- Family and Reproductive Health Professionals
- Children & Youth with Special Health Care Needs
- Manage Anxiety & Stress
- Family Nutrition & Food Resources
Resources for Pregnant Individuals:
Directory of Home Visiting Programs: https://edirectory.homevisitingla.org/Home/Programs
Breastfeeding & COVID-19:
- BabyCenter: Coronavirus (COVID-19) pregnancy FAQs: Medical experts answer your questions
- National Perinatal Association: COVID-19
- Carolina Global Breastfeeding Institute: COVID-19 Resources
- Royal College of Obstetricians & Gynaecologists: Coronavirus (COVID-19) Infection in Pregnancy: Information for healthcare professionals
- Academy of Breastfeeding Medicine: ABM Statement on Coronavirus 2019 (COVID-19)
- United States Breastfeeding Committee: Infant and Young Child Feeding in Emergencies, including COVID-19*