Cheers for Chickpeas!
[module:ad:13]Whether you call them chickpeas, garbanzos, Egyptian peas or Bengal grams, these mild, little round beans are some of the most nutritious food around. They are an excellent source of protein, iron, zinc and fiber. Best of all, everyone in the family, from babies to adults, can enjoy them.
1 fifteen-ounce can of chickpeas
1 TB olive or other oil
1 TSP Salt
Place rack in center of oven and preheat to 350 degrees.
- Spray baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Rinse and drain chickpeas and dry well. In a small bowl toss with oil and salt.
- Pour onto prepared baking sheet in an even layer.
- Bake for 30 minutes, then shake pan to redistribute chickpeas.
- Bake for another 20–30 minutes, until chickpeas are crispy.
- Chickpeas will become crunchier as they cool; allow to cool for at least an hour.