Check out Healthy Active Long Beach
Eating healthy foods can help a child stay healthy and active. Yet buying or preparing these foods can often seem expensive, time-consuming or complicated for parents. Keeping kids active can have its challenges too, whether its location, expense, or a work schedule.
Healthy Active Long Beach, a program within the City of Long Beach Department of Health and Human Services, can help simplify things. For children and families in the Long Beach community, this program provides information about basic nutrition and ways to a healthier lifestyle.
All program classes, events and workshops are free. Through Healthy Active Long Beach you can:
- Take nutrition classes offered in both English and Spanish
- Learn how to read food labels
- Learn what your family’s nutritional needs are and how you can provide for them
- Find out more about the CalFresh food stamp program
- Attend hands-on cooking demonstrations in your community
- Learn to cook affordable, tasty, simple recipes in 30 minutes or less
- Learn sensible ways to decrease your family’s intake of sugar
- Discover fun ways to help your family move more