2019 Zoo Lights Ticket Sweepstakes
OFFICIAL RULES. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER THE SWEEPSTAKES.
A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
Submitting an entry constitutes your full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance
of these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and judges,
which shall be final and binding on all matters relating to the Sweepstakes.
- Timing: Zoo Lights Ticket Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) begins 12:00:00 p.m. Pacific Time (“PT”) on November 25, 2019 and ends 11:59:59 a.m. PT on December 2, 2019 (the “Sweepstakes Period”).
- Eligibility: The Sweepstakes is open to legal U.S. residents, residing in the greater Los Angeles County, California area, who are 18 years of age or older as of date of entry. Anyone found to use multiple accounts to enter will be disqualified from participation in this Sweepstakes. Employees and their immediate family members (spouses, parents, children, and siblings and their spouses) and household members of each (whether related or not) of First 5 LA (the “Sponsor”) or Ogilvy Public Relations Worldwide (“Ogilvy PR”) or their promotion agencies are not eligible to enter. Void outside the greater Los Angeles County, California area and where prohibited by law.
- To Enter the Sweepstakes: There is NO PURCHASE NECESSARY to participate in the Sweepstakes. A purchase does not increase your chances of winning. During the Sweepstakes Period, you may enter as many times as you like (each entry must be unique) using one or more of the following methods:
Facebook Post Method of Entry: During the Sweepstakes Period, you may access the Sweepstakes by visiting the Facebook Fan Page at. From the designated Sweepstakes post on the Fan page, you must share what is your favorite LA Zoo animal, to receive one Sweepstakes entry. By commenting on the Sweepstakes post, you are agreeing to these Official Rules.
Potential winners may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder of the Facebook account/Instagram account associated with the Entry. By entering, you agree that you are solely responsible for all data and phone charges that you incur. All entry components submitted shall herein be referred to as the Entry (the “ Entry”). Entries will not be judged. All eligible Entries must be received by 11:59:59 a.m. PT on December 2, 2019. Use of computer programs and other automatic means to enter the Sweepstakes is prohibited. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than one Entry by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void such Entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Entries must be in English. All Entries must be the sole, original work of the entrant. Any Entry or portion thereof that is, in the Sponsor’s sole discretion, obscene, profane, lewd, or defamatory, includes any trademarks or logos, violates the proprietary right of any person living or deceased (including but not limited to rights of privacy or publicity or portrayal in a false light) or entity, is otherwise objectionable, or in any way is incomplete, indecipherable, or otherwise not in full compliance with these Official Rules, will not be accepted and may be disqualified. Entrants may not copy or otherwise plagiarize any portion of their Entry from any source. Entrants and winners acknowledge and agree that their Entries become the property of the Sponsor, which thereby has the right to edit, adapt, modify, reproduce, promote and otherwise use Entries (or excerpts of Entries) in any way it sees fit. By entering, you agree to waive any rights you may have to the Entry submitted.
- Random Drawing/Winner Notification: The Prize winners will be selected randomly on or about December 3, 2019 from among all eligible Entries received. The drawing will be conducted by Ogilvy PR on behalf of Sponsor. All decisions are final on all matters relating to the Sweepstakes. Odds of winning a Prize depend upon the total number of eligible Entries received. All federal, state and local laws apply. Potential winners will be notified via Facebook Messenger to winner’s Facebook account or via a comment on Instagram and will then be required to supply a valid U.S. postal address, date of birth and email address within 48 hours after notification or Prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner selected. Return of Prize notification as undeliverable or unanswered may result in disqualification and alternate potential Prize winner selection. Potential Prize winners will be sent their Prizes or may be required to pick up their Prizes (as directed by Sponsor) within 1-2 weeks after winner selection/verification. Return of any Prize as undeliverable or if winner does not pick up their Prize by the deadline specified, it will result in disqualification and an alternate will be selected, time permitting (as Prize must be used by January 5, 2020).
- Prize and Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): (2) Prize: Two (2) Prizes, each consisting of four (4) LA Zoo Tickets. The maximum ARV of each prize is $176. Transportation to/from zoo is not included with prize. Prizes are nontransferable and must be accepted as awarded. No cash or other substitution may be made, except by Sponsor in the event that the Prize cannot be awarded for any reason, in which case, Sponsor will award a Prize of equal or greater value. The Prize, and each element thereof, are awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied, by Sponsor. The Prize winner is responsible for all applicable federal, state and local taxes and all other costs and expenses associated with award of Prize. Tickets must be used in accordance with ticket issuer restrictions and must be used by January 5, 2020 or tickets will be forfeited. If any of a Prize winner’s guests are minors, the Prize winner or another guest in attendance must be the minor’s parent or legal guardian and must accompany minor at all times.
- General Rules: By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor. The Sponsor and its agencies are not responsible for equipment or electronics malfunctions of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled or delayed electronic communications regardless of cause; by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; by any human error that may occur in the processing of the Entries in the Sweepstakes; or damage to any equipment or electronics resulting from submitting an Entry, accessing or downloading information in connection with the Sweepstakes, or otherwise participating in the Sweepstakes. In the event of a dispute as to any Entry, the authorized account holder of the site where the winner entered at will be deemed to be the entrant. Winners may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder of the site where the winner entered. Proof of entering information via or does not constitute proof of delivery or receipt of such information. Sponsor and/or its agencies are not responsible for the failure of any Entry to be received by Sponsor on account of technical problems or congestion on the internet or the above website/application. The Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes; violates the Official Rules; or acts in a disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, then the Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel the Sweepstakes and determine the winners in a random drawing from among all eligible Entries received prior to cancellation. By participating in the Sweepstakes, the entrant agrees that Sponsor, its self-funded business units, member companies, agents, advertising and Sweepstakes agencies and all of their respective shareholders, officers, directors, employees and assigns, members, representatives and agents, will have no liability whatsoever for, and will be held harmless by, entrant for any liability for any bodily injury, loss, costs or damages of any kind to persons, including death and property, damages sustained due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from entry creation, the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the Prizes, if applicable, or participation in the Sweepstakes or participation in any Sweepstakes or related activity. By entering the Sweepstakes, you hereby represent and warrant that you have read these Official Rules and are fully familiar with its contents.
- Publicity Release: Submission of Entry constitutes permission for the Sponsor and its agencies to use the Entry (or excerpts of Entry) for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation. Acceptance of a Prize constitutes permission for winner’s name, likeness, hometown and Entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, including a winners list, unless prohibited by law.
- Jurisdiction: The Sweepstakes and the Official Rules are governed by the laws of the state of California. In the event of any dispute, entrants submit to exclusive personal jurisdiction in California and agree that any dispute shall be brought in the U.S. District Court for the Central Judicial District of California or the Circuit Court for the County of Los Angeles.
- Winners List: For the names of the Prize winners, email [email protected] between January 15, 2020 and February 15, 2020.
- Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Sweepstakes is First 5 LA, 750 Alameda St., Los Angeles, CA 90012.