Kim Belshé was named Executive Director of First 5 Los Angeles in November 2012. Prior to joining First 5 LA, she served as senior policy advisor of Public Policy Institute of California and, from 2003-2011, Secretary of the California Health and Human Services Agency in the Administration of Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger. Kim previously held a number of leadership positions in state government, including director of the Department of Health Services and deputy secretary of the Health and Welfare Agency under Governor Pete Wilson. Kim also has served in leadership positions in California philanthropy, including the James Irvine Foundation. Kim was a founding member of the board of the state's Health Benefit Exchange, Covered California, in 2011, and of the State First 5 Commission in 1999. She currently serves on a number of boards, including the Opportunity Institute, Blue Shield of California Foundation, Blue Shield of California Health Plan, and Beacon Health Options. She is a native of San Francisco and holds a master's degree in public policy from Princeton University and a bachelor’s degree in government from Harvard College.
- A Learned Perspective
- A Good Idea From The Start
- An Evolution in Grantmaking
- A 15 Year Perspective
- A Shining Star
- A Message from Kim Belshé
- A Message from Kim Belshé, the New Executive Director of First 5 LA
- Baby-Friendly Hospital Project
- A New Direction: First 5 LA's Strategic Plan
- Best Babies Collaboratives Model Use Of Technology to Increase Service Quality
You May Also Be Interested In
- Children’s Garden Opens in Sylmar
- Baby, It’s You
- Did You Know . . .?
- Did You Know . . .?
- Did You Know . . . ?
- Differences Between Premature and Full-Term Babies Evident in Early Life
- Engaging Young Minds And Bodies
- Developmentally Delayed or Disabled Children Receive Care They Need
- Eat Healthy, Grow Strong
- Child Poverty Increases as Housing Costs Spiral, says Children's ScoreCard
Commission Calendar:Wed, July 27
Thu, July 28
Thu, August 4
Thu, August 11
Wed, August 24
Thu, August 25
Thu, September 1
Thu, September 8
Wed, September 28
View More Events »